Sunday, August 14, 2011

Philosophical STD's and other chest hair


Turn on the fridge, it's freezing.. and who is Wally really.
My mind is scrambled eggs and I am yellow with frustration.. I have been officially offered a residency in Berlin, Germany to work with an incredible group of creatives at the forefront of their profession, from all over the world, uniting to collaborate and make post modern sour kraut. Architects, Designers, Live Artists, Installation performance artists, computer engineers etc. This collaboration will work on models of the contemporary arts residency and collaboration between creatives of all mediums.



But
I can not go.
For a variety of reasons I am unable to attend this incredible overseas residency - in a country of my heritage, where beside the professional growth of my arts practice, I would of met many relatives, many of which may not be around much longer. The pain is worthy of a Days of our Lives Episode.

I will however be participating as an active member of the residency from afar. I will connect via Skype several times a week and join the process towards an active element of the final outcome. Not the most ideal outcome but I am still there. This will be an interesting juncture for the Eastern Euro/Australian contemporary Art show I am curating for the Eastern Bloc Gallery at Roselle. NSW.

Still the fridge is on and it is freezing. It's all about seating and golfing handicaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment